Welcome to the Maj group
Ultrafast Spectroscopy Lab
where spectroscopy happens
The Spectacular Revival! – With immense pride and a dash of scientific joy, we announce the successful rebuilding of our 2D IR spectrometer!
We are currently looking for a post-doctoral researcher specialized in laser spectroscopy!
- Giorgio Scattolini and Mikołaj Kuska join the group as PhD studentsWelcome!
- We are excited to announce that our group is relocating to Uppsala University. New recruitments are planned!Our research is gaining momentum as we are becoming a part of strong research network at the Ångström lab at Uppsala University. We expand our spectroscopy and electron microscopy activities among other leading groups in Sweden. PhD and post-doc positions to be announced soon.
- We have received a start-up grant from the Jeanssons Foundation!Jeanssons foundation supports research in the field of medicine or other disciplines that are conducting research that benefits medicine
- Dylan Valli joins the group as a PhD student! Welcome Dylan!Dylan Valli joins the group as a PhD student! Welcome Dylan!
- Our group is happy to announce a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship fully funded by the Carl Trygger’s foundation – Join us now!We would like to offer a post-doctoral fellowship to a talented researcher specialized in one of the following subjects: Protein Chemistry and Biophysics (Cryo) Electron Microscopy Two-Dimensional NMR of Proteins Ultrafast Laser Spectroscopy and Programming Data Acquisition Systems Open until filled
- Michal Maj has been awarded the Starting Grant from the Swedish Research Council (VR)Our research activities are now being supported by the Swedish Research Council!
- Michal Maj has received the Large Grant from the Swedish Society for Medical ResearchWe are happy to announce that our research is now being supported by the Swedish Society for Medical Research (SSMF) and we thank the foundation for their generous support. More info: https://akademiliv.se/2020/10/68470/
- Our latest article on phytochromes has been highlighted on the front cover of PCCP!Our latest article on phytochromes titled “Transient IR spectroscopy identifies key interactions and unravels new intermediates in the photocycle of a bacterial phytochrome” has been highlighted on the front cover of PCCP!